OceanEx Platform Pre-launch Kickoff and Development Updates
It has been our honor to have your continuous support and empowerment during our exchanges development. After devoting hundreds of hours in security testing, research, and development the preparation of OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) has reached the sprint stage. In this enthusiasm, we would like to update the community with our latest progress.
Recently, the major incident of GitHub has disrupted our development infrastructure, which caused discrepancies in our code base as well as infrastructure that is based on the GitHubs continuous integration. Besides, in order to enhance platform security level, we have decided to implement an extra layer of security audit by cooperating with external agency — SlowMist (a leading security audit company providing comprehensive security audit and defensive deployment services). We have also been putting extra effort into optimizing the trading experience and enforcing the platforms stability and security. Therefore, we decided to postpone the launch date from late October to November. We sincerely apologize for the delay and appreciate your understanding and patience. Please check the roadmap below for OceanEx’s updated schedule.
- OceanEx development phase has completed by now
- Conducting internal testing and external security audit (present phase)
- OceanEx CryptoCup [Alpha Test] goes live (1st week of November)
- OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) goes live and covers full trading function (November)
- OceanEx 2.0 goes live (Q1 2019)
Sneak Peek of OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) — Coming in November
Here we would like to share with you some of the key features that will be released in OceanEx 1.0 (Beta).
- Exclusive VeChain Ecosystem Trading Pairs — OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) will initially provide the following trading pairs to our users: BTC/USDT, ETH/USDT, ETH/BTC, VET/USDT, VET/BTC, VET/ETH, VTHO/VET. After the exchange goes live, the platform token — OCE and other VeChain ecosystem projects will have their debuts in OceanEx in sequence. OceanEx will be the only exchange to provide VTHO/VET trading pair in the market for now. We believe it will be a crucial part in perfecting VeChain ecosystem in terms of a more efficient exchange of VTHO and VET in DAPPs.
- Competitive Fee Policy — OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) will provide our users with a competitive fee policy. As the home field of VET holders, we will support the community by charging the lowest transaction fee in the market for VET trading pairs. Our WhaleClub members can even enjoy a 0% transaction fee in trading VET. More information regarding the fee policy and WhaleClub will be disclosed soon on our website.
- Professional Trading Experience — Professional traders will be able to deploy their customized trading algorithms on OceanEx through our API provided in the Beta version.
- Uncompromised Account Security- OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) will be equipped with advanced machine learning algorithms to actively detect attacks and safeguard users’ assets and transactions. In addition, our team has been working closely with leading security assurance institutions to continuously improve our security level.
OceanEx CryptoCup [Alpha Test] — Your Participation Matters
To thank your patience and support in the past few months, for those community members who can’t wait to know more about the incoming OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) before it releases, we have prepared the “OceanEx CryptoCup [Alpha Test]” for you.
The Alpha Test will provide a chance for all community members to get in touch with trading functions under the testing environment and contribute suggestions and ideas to OceanEx 1.0 (Beta). Moreover, the CryptoCup contest is consisted of two trading games and a bug bounty program in which you will have chance to win up to 50M OCE in which we have prepared for all participants.
The Alpha Test will begin in the first week of November before OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) goes live. Detailed information will be released soon, please follow our official announcement for update.
We hope you are thrilled as we are for the upcoming OceanEx 1.0 (Beta) and other exciting events we have prepared for you. This milestone will start a new voyage of OceanEx. We are looking forward to having you surfing in OceanEx!